Becker CIS Spring Fundraiser
On this rollercoaster of a school year, please know our school community is staying strong through the support of families and staff for one another. Our Fall No-Fuss Fundraiser was a great success, and we ask once again for your “No-Fuss” help.
After reviewing our PTA budget, we need one big, final push to raise the amount we need to ensure that we keep Communities in Schools (CIS) on campus at Becker next year. PTA pays $15,000 each year to help fund CIS social workers at Becker, and that is the amount we hope to raise in this No-Fuss fashion. We believe now more than ever; CIS is essential for making sure ALL our students have the support they need to be successful. Thank you for being part of this wonderful Becker community, and for helping make sure our entire community continues to thrive.
Become a Sustaining Member!
You can support Becker by becoming a sustaining member! With a tax-deductible recurring donation you can help the Becker Elementary PTA provide much needed support for staff, programs and school resources. Even a small amount makes a big difference! Act now and all new Sustaining Members will receive a fabulous car magnet or removable window vinyl to show your support! https://donorbox.org/sustaining-supporter-of-becker-elementary
Join the PTA!
The most important way to support Becker is to become a PTA member! Dues are just $8 per adult per year, and we encourage all parents and grandparents of each child to join. Join online (Select “Herman Becker Elementary” and please pay $9.50 per person to cover the online payment fee) or drop your cash or check in the PTA box in the school office.
Becker Elementary prides itself on its active PTA, and the PTA helps fund and organize all kinds of enrichment activities, classroom supports, and events. When you join, you can let us know your interests. There is something for everyone!
Need more reasons to join? Check out the benefits from Texas PTA.
Your time is the most valuable resource you can give to Becker staff and students, so please volunteer when you can! There are volunteer opportunities year round, and specific calls are send home via flyers in Thursday Folders and posted on the News Blog.
Please fill out our volunteer form to let us know what your interests are. By filling it out, you are simply showing interest, not signing up. The chair of the committee you are showing interest in will contact you with spots that need to be filled. Click HERE for committee descriptions.
It is AISD policy that all volunteers who will not be directly supervised by a staff member at all times register and enter your information for a background check. This is a process that must be completed every year. Click HERE to instructions on how to register.
- The No Fuss Fundraiser is a simple, convenient way to support the Becker PTA—no selling required! Just donate funds, and 100% of them go directly to supporting PTA programs.
- One of our most fun and quick fundraisers is Friday Funday! The first Friday of every month, we host a sale of a special treat for parents and children after school. These have included ice cream and Kona Ice trucks, bake sales, a hot cocoa stand, sales of Becker spirit items, and more. We need parents to help set up and organize Friday Fundays, sell treats after school, and donate baked goods or other items.
- Fall Fest is a Becker tradition and the PTA’s most important fundraiser. The autumn festival features games, prizes, food trailer fare, live music, and tons of school spirit! At Fall Fest, you’ll mingle with Becker staff, students, parents, and members of the surrounding community. Fall Fest raises funds through sponsorship opportunities, food sales and ticket sales.
- Becker has reinvented the elementary school dance with Pachanga! A fun-filled evening of dance, music, food fare and more, this event celebrates our family, Latino culture, and our future bilingual community leaders. Pachanga is free and open to the public, and funds are raised through silent auctions, food sales and sales of other spirit items. Many events are featured throughout the school year, just come out and have some fun while supporting Becker PTA programs!!!
While You're Shopping
Clip Box Tops from the packaging of your purchased goods and send them to school with your child. Becker earns money for every clipped Box Top. The class that turns in the most Box Tops wins a special prize! Visit Box Tops for Education to see which brands are supported.
As you shop on Amazon, please consider using *AmazonSmile and support “Herman Becker Elementary PTA” while you shop! Every penny counts for PTA, and this is an easy way to give back (doesn’t cost you anything…except the brain power to remember to use it ). And SHARE, SHARE, SHARE with family and friends that are looking for a good cause to support! Put it in your Bookmark Bar in your web browser for easy access or use this tool that will “automatically turn your everyday Amazon purchases into AmazonSmile donations.”
* AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
Do you shop at Randall’s? As a part of Randall’s Good Neighbor Program, Randall’s will donate 1% of your purchases to Becker. Just complete the brief form at your neighborhood Randall’s and support Becker with every purchase! The Becker Good Neighbor Program code is 9359.
Money Raised Will Fund:
Social Emotional Learning / Whole Child (Creative Action Daytime Programming, Girls Empowerment, Teacher SEL Training, Field Trips, PTA Community Event Programming), STEAM Initiatives (Innovation Lab Materials, Quarterly STEAM Days, Math Pentathlon, Coding Club), Additional Academic Programs (Academic Tutoring, Advanced Teacher Training, Dual Language Teaching Materials and Training), and other support needed to fill gaps from Becker’s 50% budget cut (Communities in Schools, Lunch Monitors, Technology Upgrades).
Learn more about Why We Fundraise (infographic towards bottom of page).