PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT PRE-K and K at Becker this year! Tell your neighbors, friends, etc. We have 6-8 spots that we need to fill to keep all three of our wonderful pre-K teachers!!!! Kids who come to Becker for pre-K will not have to be part of the lottery for K but will be guaranteed a spot for K-5th grade. Pre-K is FREE to dominant Spanish speakers or students qualifying based on income. There are also tuition spots available for pre-K. Kinder is free. See the info below and in attached flier.
Pre-Kinder and Kinder spots available at Becker Elementary in its acclaimed Dual Language program
• Open to students from throughout Austin ISD.
• Becker is an acclaimed Two-Way dual language school in which students who speak English and Spanish as their first languages learn together in the same classroom.
• Becker provides a challenging learning environment with many opportunities to stimulate children’s minds.
• The two-way dual language program allows students to learn to read, write and think in two languages.
• English-speaking children in dual language classrooms outperform English-speaking students not in dual language programs on all academic tests, including tests of reading and writing in English.
• Becker participates in the innovative Any Given Child Program in Austin ISD, which uses the arts to teach curriculum and in the Social Emotional Learning Program, which teaches children skills to manage their emotions, resolve conflicts and be happier!
• Becker also has a Chicken Coop and the Green Classroom where children learn science through interactions with their environment.
• The pre-K dual language program is free for children whose dominant language is Spanish or who qualify based on income (tuition is $517/month if child doesn’t qualify for free pre-K) and Kindergarten is free to all but there is no transportation.
• Pre-K and Kindergarten begin at 7:45 a.m. (arrival starts at 7 a.m.) and pre-K ends at 2 p.m. and Kindergarten at 2:45 p.m. Becker has excellent after-school care with some scholarships available.
• Becker is just south of the river near S. 1st and Oltorf on 906 W. Milton St.
Please bring the following documents when registering your child: • Birth Certificate • Up-to-date Vaccination card • Proof of Income • Proof of address/residence • Photo identification of mother, father or legal guardian