This is the last week of applications for first round for Becker 2014-15, and the last tour is this Wednesday, Feb. 19, at 10:00 a.m. Help us spread the word!
• Becker is an exemplary Two-Way dual language school in Austin ISD.
• Becker provides a challenging learning environment with many opportunities to stimulate children’s minds.
• The two-way dual language program involves students who speak English and Spanish as their first languages together in the same classroom, which allows students to learn to read, write and think in two languages.
• English-speaking children in dual language classrooms outperform English-speaking students not in dual language programs on all academic tests, including tests of reading and writing in English.
• Becker is part of the innovative Any Given Child Program in Austin ISD, which uses the arts to teach curriculum.
• Becker is part of the new Social Emotional Learning Program in Austin ISD, which teaches children skills to manage their emotions, resolve conflicts and be happier!
• The dual language program is free for children who live throughout the District but there is no transportation.
• Becker also has a Chicken Coop and the Green Classroom where children learn science through interactions with their environment.
• Becker is just south of the river near S. 1st and Oltorf on 906 W. Milton St.
Please bring the following documents when registering your child:
• Birth Certificate
• Proof of Income • Proof of address/residence
• Photo identification of mother, father or legal guardian
First round deadline for Becker DL is Feb. 21, 2014. For more information, please contact the school at (512) 414-2019 or contact Becker.enrollment [at] gmail.com.