The application can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/
d/ 0B2rFbN5u3fvfVm01eE92a2dEZW8/ view?usp=sharing
Sorry for the late notice, but the deadline to submit applications to serve on our CAC for the 2015-16 school year has been extended until Monday, May 4th, by the end of the school day. Applications can be turned in to the school office.
See links below for more info about the CAC and the by-laws. With regards to parent membership on the CAC, the by-laws read as follows:
The Principal and Co-Chairs shall work together to select parent, community, and business members. Candidates for these positions must submit to the campus office a completed CAC membership application form (available on the CAC webpage at: http://archive.austinisd.org/
inside/cac/). Although received applications must be considered, submitting an application does not in itself guarantee a position on the CAC.
As examples provided by the district, following are considerations that the Principal and Co-Chairs may include in their application review criteria:
Considerations for Selecting New Members:
- Extent to which candidate would help achieve membership diversity
- Extent to which candidate has previous school or community service
- Extent to which candidate is known to have a positive attitude and work well with others
- Extent to which candidate is known to advocate for the interests of all children
- Extent to which candidate has supplied references
Considerations for Selecting Existing Members for Additional Term:
- Extent to which incumbent would help maintain membership diversity
- Extent to which incumbent has maintained reasonably regular attendance
- Extent to which incumbent has maintained a positive attitude, has worked will with others, and has contributed to the CAC
- Extent to which incumbent would provide leadership and experience to the CAC
- Extent to which continued service by incumbent would prohibit other interested and capable candidates from serving
As has been done in the past, we will use these criteria as guidance in reviewing all applications.
Consider joining the Becker CAC!
CAC Parent Co-Chair