Becker is an exemplary Two-Way dual language school in Austin ISD. Priority for spaces at Becker is given to kids zoned to Becker, kids with siblings already at Becker and children attending pre-K at Becker.
- Becker provides a challenging learning environment with many opportunities to stimulate children’s minds.
- The two-way dual language program involves students who speak English and Spanish as their first languages together in the same classroom, which allows students to learn to read, write and think in two languages.
- English-speaking children in dual language classrooms outperform English-speaking students not in dual language programs on all academic tests, including tests of reading and writing in English.
- Becker is part of the innovative Any Given Child Program in Austin ISD, which uses the arts to teach curriculum.
- Becker is part of the new Social Emotional Learning Program in Austin ISD, which teaches children skills to manage their emotions, resolve conflicts and be happier!
- The dual language program is free for children who live throughout the District but there is no transportation. For children not qualifying for free tuition in pre-K, there are tuition spots available for pre-K.
- Becker also has a Chicken Coop and the Green Classroom where children learn science through interactions with their environment.
- Becker is just south of the river near S. 1st and Oltorf on 906 W. Milton St.
TOURS OF THE SCHOOL will be Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. at Becker Elementary, 906 W. Milton, on the following days:
Please bring the following documents to register your child:
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Income
- Photo identification of mother, father or legal guardian
- Up-to-date Vaccination card
- Proof of address/residence
First round deadline for Becker DL is Feb. 21, 2014.