Graduating Seniors can apply now — deadline is May 1, 2014.
The Becker Parent and Teachers Association (PTA) wishes to recognize former students who have excelled in their academic endeavors, supported their family and/or community through various service projects, and/or participated in extracurricular activities and proven they possess the drive to further their education. One scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $250.
– Applicant attends and will graduate from an Austin ISD high school this year.
– Applicant attended Becker Elementary for at least two years.
– Applicant has a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better at time of application.
– Applicant demonstrates financial need.
– Applicant has demonstrated involvement in one or more of the following: extra-curricular activities, support of the family, community service based organizations, church activities.
– Applicant intends to continue his/her studies beyond high school, including but not limited to university, community or junior college, vocational school.
– Applicant submits a completed application package by the scholarship deadline.
The scholarship shall be awarded based on a combination of academic performance, financial need, participation in extra-curricular/family/
In order to be considered as a candidate, please complete an AISD Scholarship application form and submit all required documents no later than .
Copies of the application form are available through AISD high school counselor offices and on the AISD Web site. Completed application packets can be submitted to the Becker office or mailed to Becker PTA, 906 W. Milton, Austin, TX 78704, postmarked no later than.